+30 699 708 0239

+30 694 609 6896

Around Us

Grand-Master-Palace-rhodes-old-town-apartments

Grand Master’s Palace

At the end of one the most scenic Medieval streets in the world, the Street of the Knights, lies the magnificent Grand Master’s Palace of the Knights of St. John. It was built during the 14th century under the rule of Grand Master H. de Villeneuve (1319 – 1346) on the site of a 7th century Byzantine fortress. This imposing building was used as the residence of the Grand Master but functioned also as the main administrative seat of the Order and the social cultural center of the island. The most important halls were located on the first floor, like the Great Council Chamber and the dining room, as well as the private quarters of the Grand Master, which were commonly known as Margaritae. The Palace played an important role in the medieval fortification of the northwestern part of the walled city of Rhodos.

Medieval-Clock-Tower-rhodes-apartments-to-let

Medieval Clock Tower

The clocktower is a byzantine structure that was originally built at the end of the 7th. century, and has undergone several rebirth since. It now is a fonctioning piece of our history where you can enjoy the beautiful views of Rhodes and Old Town.

Archaeological-Museum-rhodes-rental-guest-house

Archaeological Museum

The Archaeological Museum of Rhodes is located in the Medieval City of Rhodes. The museum is housed in the monumental edifice that was the hospital of the Knights of Saint John. Construction of it was begun in 1440 and brought to completion in the time of the Grand Master d’Aubusson (1476-1503). The Museum contains various collections of archaeological artifacts from various parts of Rhodes and the neighbouring islands, including the Statue of the Crouching Aphrodite (1st century BC), which was inspired by a famous prototype work created by the sculptor Doidalsas in the 3rd century BC, and the Pyxis of the Fikellura type (mid-6th century BC).

The-Street-of-the-Knights-old-town-rhodes-apartments

The Street of the Knights

The street of the Knights is one of the highlights of the Medieval Town of Rhodos.
It is a fascinating and obligatory visit for all guided tours, one of the most admired attractions in the Old Town.
Following an almost exact east to west direction, the well preserved cobble paved street uses, in part, an ancient straight road that connected the port with the Acropolis of Rhodos. The medieval road is about 600m long. Starts from the square in front of the Knights’ Hospital, the seat of Archeological Museum and leads to the Grand Master’s Palace.